The Blessings of 2020 *in Disguise*

What a beginning of a year 2020 has been, don't you think?

Many, including me are afraid that 2020 is off to a bad year. It is all started with the bushfire in Canberra last February. The death of Kobe Bryant, although with his flaws as a human being, he still leaves such hole in a lot of people also started this year in wrong direction. I remember growing up watching his posters and stickers decorating my older brother's room. It affected me too somehow, cause he was that good and passionate. 

Moving on to the next month, well actually the virus, yes we better say it louder --Corona Virus, has been surrounding Wuhan area since October 2019. We have also found the patient 0 was actually American. With the spread infecting all over the world, including Indonesia, it is hard to actually see what is left for us in 2020, if there is any. 

But for me, the end of 2019 up to this day, I can only count my blessings. Even in the darkest times, light strives to keep its presence in possible ways. And we should lighten it up. Every single day. I know it is hard, but during these times while staying at home, we should be grateful for the blessings 2020 has brought to us; the pollution leve has been decreasing all over the world, people tend to appreciate every little things and not taking it for granted, the animals have the chance to live wildly without humans disruptions, and money are not that useful tools nowadays.

I am on my 8th month of pregnancy, with a healthy infant inside my womb. I have a great husband who manages to keep his eye open whenever I need a back pat, no matter which hour. 

The family is getting closer. And I am lucky enough to still on the same roof as my parents and siblings. This pandemic will only get us closer. I cannot imagine living alone just with my husband while being pregnant like this. It sure is harder cause I rely so much on my mother's foods and her care, of course. 

But I could only pray harder than ever that my little brother who is still working with no 'work-from-home' privilege to be taken care well by You. He is fighting his way to also bring the bacon home. Luckily though my husband has been working at home since 2 weeks ago. The same thing applies to my job too. 

I hope everything is kind of sorted out by the end of May. I know we will not experience the same vibes for Ramadan and Eid, but it should be done to flatten the curve. The case is increasing each day and the smallest and easiest thing for us to do is by staying at home and religiously praying for the rain to stop. Let's think that each thing we consider as bad things this year is only allowed by God's will and only through His permission this too shall pass. It will eventually, we just don't have any clue when. So keep praying and staying closer at our homes, with our loved ones.







Popular posts from this blog

My Star by Robert Browning

The Era of Puritanism (1564-1660): Literary Works

Gender Stereotypes and Performativity in Frozen Movie