Love Your Parents... Before They Surprise You with Sudden Sick


Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old. --unknown

*Inhale. Exhale.*

It's been a tough week...

I always see my parents as invincible adults. My dad has always been a big, strong man who works hard despite of his wrinkles around his face. He protects us and just takes care of things. We often forget his appearance just because our Mom's figure is more visible, right? He then chooses to stay behind the screen and wait for us to ask him some helps, financial ones, mostly.



And our mother? We even consider her as part of SAR (Search and Rescue) team.  She always finds stuff that permanently disappear. So to come home and meet her is like wanting to be found when we feel lost on our mission to conquer the world. In addition to her ability to take care of us, she always makes sure our needs are attended too. 

To know that we are loved... for the rest of her life is part of her routines too.

I don't know about you, but even when they are growing old by age, they always seem to be frozen at the same age. They keep young and energetic. They are even more active than me!

They used to... until these couple months... 

They grow weaker...

My dad was a martial artist, Kempo, Judo and Satria Nusantara. He was also once pointed as legislative member's election (Caleg) representing Partai X. He never showed any weakness until these couple months. We almost lost him, like literally passed away... 

He's got abscess on his liver. And it's eaten his 20% part of his liver. He surely needs to go under surgery, but he is a strict old man who is humble and resigned to whatever path God lets him to walk on. Now I see a lot of gray haired version of him who walks a little slower than he once did. Yeah I know, some of you know my dad, and he shows any weakness only when he was sick. But I have this gut feeling...

Well, okay. Let's pretend he is getting better.

As for our mother, she is still pretty even on her age. She still looks young and energetic, indeed. But I already can see some cute little white hairs. They seem fragile and breakable.

I honestly don't know what I would be if they are no longer be on this Earth with me anymore (and I pray that we still have many more years together)...

Please, God... Grant my wish...

Popular posts from this blog

My Star by Robert Browning

The Era of Puritanism (1564-1660): Literary Works

Gender Stereotypes and Performativity in Frozen Movie