The Smarter You Are, The Harder to Find Love (Not Talking About Myself)

I miss the old flame that I used to have when I had this crush with any seniors at high school. Like any seniors. I had a lot of crushes. And it was so much simpler to love new person. When we were young.

What about now? What about today? *the chorus of Westlife's song*

As I get older, finding love is never easy. It is complicated. Too much drama. More intricate. So yeah, it is much simpler when we were young. We never have second thought about how hurt it was to experience a breakup. Or to hurt someone. While falling in love has became harder, letting go the old flame, past love has even been harder than that. 

Like an old saying, we fall in love with people we can't have. Or we fall in love by chance and we stay in  love by choice. It is about our choice. The problem is we never use that choice to leave from a certain situation. We choose to stay and cry in the river. It would never be cake for someone who is emotional, caring. 

When I fall in love, I go big or go home. As for now. It was different when I was younger. Things are just unforgettable. So how come the other person who experience the same thing (or I believe he did), be nonchalant and just pretend that flame doesn't exist. 

Why doesn't this falling in love thingy get easier? I thought the more experience, the more skillful we are in facing this complicated word called love. But now I realize one thing: we choose to treat love as if it is magical, or not. It depends on us. 

My baby Snow has returned <3
So it is always our decision to make our love sort of magical. Is love a unicorn?

As far as I know, and by watching some friends getting older and lonelier in every single day, does their magic of love fade?

They are getting smarter each day and the kind of magic they are familiar with has faded somehow. Is it maybe because they gradually understand their roles in building such relationship or they witness so many loves fading off easily?

And when you playback certain memory of the fading love, you are taken aback by how hard it is to move on, let go, and start a new love, as well as making it more magical than before. AS you watch a lot of people whose love are fading, you become a sort of disbelieve in the power of it. You are disappointed and then reject it, whether consciously or subconsciously.

I guess it is the risk of being millennial generation where they only believe what they see and whether this thing they believe would bring peace or vice versa. It is getting simpler to believe something. If it is good, then it is good. If it is not, then it would never be. It happens the same to love and romance thingy.

So what is the connection between intelligence and love?

 I've been thinking that intelligent people often are wanderers. They make some steps ahead, quick to judge, but not judgmental, and make a move afterwards.



Two is company, four is a party, three is a crowd, one is a wanderer
They appreciate loneliness. They contemplate a lot in their solitude journey. And then they are getting used to being independent,

So, the more independent a person is, the harder it is to find love.

That's what I think.

Popular posts from this blog

My Star by Robert Browning

The Era of Puritanism (1564-1660): Literary Works

Gender Stereotypes and Performativity in Frozen Movie