All Hail Post-rock Genre!

When life starts getting on your nerves or misplaced expectations get in your way, music has always been an escape... like always. Period. As a not-so-devoted Muslim, I know I should have gone to Him whenever I feel that kind of condition, but I don't want to trouble Him by the burdens He knows exactly I am capable of carrying. But still, I thank him in different way than other devoted Muslim persons. He knows everything, please. So don't judge me who are doing sin differently than you. 

So yeah... music it is.

And I have been loving this post-rock genre since Codes in the Clouds released their first album, As the Spirit Wanes, which was around 2011. Yup. Music hits me hard at face than you. LOL.

So, post-rock is actually a sub genre of rock music, only characterized by rhythms without vocals. And guitars become the facilitators in the timbre and textures parts. So what will you get from this type of genre? Atmospheric. Ambient. Brilliant. Terrific. Music. You can let your ears orgasm-ed by it. You'll get similar effect with classic instruments, only harder because this genre intends to give an itch to your mind, in good way. So you can see a certain thing from another perspective. 

Somewhere along the way, there are numerous related bands coming out of the surface, such as This Will Destroy You, God Is An Astronaut, MONO, Mogwai, Tortoise, Cul de Sac, Do Make Say Think, Explosions In The Sky (my favorite), Swans and many more. Those are the best ones you need to listen sometime, when you think about throwing yourself out of the window or hit yourself to a moving truck. This sub genre of rock will save you. 

So, that's it. You only know when you give it a try.

I currently enjoy this post-rock playlist: http://8tracks.com/nichts/the-blank-page

Popular posts from this blog

My Star by Robert Browning

The Era of Puritanism (1564-1660): Literary Works

Gender Stereotypes and Performativity in Frozen Movie