Gay Pride Parade: Should I Care?

So today is the 45th annual San Francisco Pride Celebration & Parade. It takes place June 27-28, 2015. It happened when some countries on East, including Indonesia are celebrating the Holiest month of Ramadhan Kareem. It is quite ironical, isn't it? Is it acceptable? And how does it affect us, as a moslem? Gay pride parade: should I care?

Rainbows are everywhere, filling in NYC, almost all over the place. A Gay Pride month, which also means all of gays from around the globe united for a month of LGBT love along with all of the queer dances, some gay club nights, transgender clubs, and so on. This celebration would be ended by Gay Pride March on the next day, Sunday, June 28. They look so happy. As soon as I heard this celebration, USA has already legalized the same-sex marriage in all of its states (approximately 50 states). It is a new history. It would be one, if we also take a look back from the struggle of the LGBT activists have carried all this time. We know it is paid off. Not to mention the threaten for some of them that they would flee to Canada as it has been legalized this marriage for almost decades. Well, maybe this is the right time for everything. And they think it is about equality.

Does it affect me? No, it doesn't.

Beforehand, I would say, I am a moslem and have straight sexual orientation. I consider using straight than normal cause what would it be for the other one? Abnormal? That is too harsh. 

So you guys, Moslem friends would exactly know how I feel towards the news. When we put aside our faith for a while, sometimes we would always find peace. This is when we communicate, hang and talk with other people who are not shipping the same faith. What is religion if it would only separate us from others? This is also why I come up with a new term agreed by myself and I'm not suggesting you to also believe it, for religion is an organization. I am a muslim by heart, but I don't have any intention for anyone to follow the same faith as I believe. I do not care for what other people doing related to any faith they believe in. This should be taken into account especially when you have faith in something, that it should give you peace in mind and heart. Faith is not always about rituals. It is about how strong you believe that there is powerful Hand out there holding us all together regardless their capacity of sins. Every creature, human being in this Earth, either they are sinful or saint-like are held by this Hand. Not only Earth, but in this Universe. And that Hand is not a judgmental one. 

Human beings are created along with brains and some decisions to make. By this, hopefully a person knows what he is going to face once he made wrong decision. When it comes to choosing between should I care or not about this gay pride parade, I honestly do not understand if they really need such recognition for marrying one another. I do not support, nor bash the LGBT movement. As for me, we only have to be a nice guy. And if stepping up on one of the sides would change me to a bad one, then I would rather stay in the middle of it. But that is my opinion, as a muslim worshipper. I have discovered it is better to stay in the middle of line. 

I prefer black among all of the colors provided in this world. It is not a color either, nor it does support in making visualization to other colors. I hope you get what I mean. Life is about making choices. I am a person with a full-loaded pack of respect. So I would always respect anyone's choice for being gay or whatever. In the end, it is your own scroll of deeds that has been being filled up, so I won't budge you to either write it in gold or black inks. :) 

As for love, I never have had any experience where I could go far away from my own soul, chasing for a recognition, except it is the love for my family. I find it is hard to rely on someone. To expect someone to always have this still kind of feeling to us, is consuming a lot of time and guts. That is why I rely on God and my family. These two would never betray you. They are your home (in the end). Other people would betray us in the end. I know it is demotivating, but it is actually essential. Once you learn that, you would never feel strange in enjoying your solitude. But then again, this is your life. You make your own choices. :)










Popular posts from this blog

My Star by Robert Browning

The Era of Puritanism (1564-1660): Literary Works

Gender Stereotypes and Performativity in Frozen Movie