A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

He that is thy friend indeed,
He will help thee in thy need:
If thou sorrow, he will weep;
If thou wake, he cannot sleep:
Thus of every grief in heart
He with thee doth bear a part.
These are certain signs to know
Faithful friend from flattering foe.


― William ShakespeareThe Passionate Pilgrim


I never have any interest to play with some people who are not underdogs. I did not mean for being rude by using underdog, but at some points I realize I cannot get along well with famous people. You know what I mean, like Mean Girls movie. three prettiest girls at school and an average girl who is far from it. But mostly, they love me for joining them, but this heart cannot tell lies. It mostly says 'no, you don't belong in this group' or 'no, they bring you bad influences'. The latter one happens all the time. I also don't intend to say I have some friends that I have been chatting with, but maybe because I have been there for some people (who mostly pretend they were friends at the beginning), whenever they are in need, I'm getting used to it. 

As I grow older, I realize I think it is not wise to think negatively towards them. I need to start thinking about the real thing, that they are INDEED in need, like they send me signal fire through dream so it is sent to me somehow. 

There are some who are just different. Like I really want to help them, because I find myself I can share my careness to them. Whenever they are desperately in need, I just cannot let them in despair. It is like I cannot sleep well when their business are not finished yet. And I become happy too if they are happy because they are un-attached from burdens. Maybe you would find me fake or something else, but I  am pretty shocked too, 'cause I just realized it lately. 

Maybe I've been a person who loves being asked for a help.

As for now, I really don't care if they would stab me at my back or do bad treatment whatsoever, in the end. My parents keep reminding me that you have a scroll of deeds, so you can fill it with whatever you want. I simply just want to help. So I would never ask for them to return the favor. At least that is what I need to learn from now. It is hard. And the journey to Heaven is such a long one. That is why I stop wanting it, and be a good person inside and out, instead.


---------------------------------------enough said---------------------------------------------------------------


Popular posts from this blog

My Star by Robert Browning

The Era of Puritanism (1564-1660): Literary Works

Gender Stereotypes and Performativity in Frozen Movie