Jane Eyre

Time flies too fast I could barely grasp a sip of fresh air. I owe times a lot of times? Technically because I wasted it all being a sluggish fat ass. I almost have no time in continuing Jane Eyre. 

I am usually hooked up with classic works the way Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility did to me. I read these masterpiece of Jane Austen only in a week. But Jane Eyre is different. I could hardly say I am hooked up by the way Charlotte Bronte tells the story. It's just too slow for me. But the language is somehow idyllic. Still, I could not abandon it. I am curious enough to see what would happen to Jane living in Thornfield with the love she carries for her master, Mr. Rochester. And since it is classic, so I could say the story shares similar things with previous works I mentioned above, which basically tells about the love between different classes. Mr. Rochester is a nobleman, while Jane is the governess for Adele Varens, the child from one of his mistress, Celine Varens who abandons Adele as soon as she was born. Although Rochester believes Adele is not his child, he still considers her as one. Then Jane is the teacher for her, basically teaches her some basic English, because Adele is a French.

It is not an unrequited love story. 

I have encountered some lines of Rochester which show his likeness towards Jane from the beginning. And it is a good thing to know, that as a governess and being an orphan, Rochester is the only reason for her to stay alive. And there is another thing which is scary and frightening from this classic work. The mysterious or dark side of Jane Eyre is when there is hidden secret in Thronfield, which makes me eagerly want to find out more and finish it. Please, time, could you stop ticking? At least make it so when I plan finishing all of ebooks I have in my kindle book. -__-



I think classic is classy, right? I used to gaze at my dad's book collection about biography of a lot of artist like Van Gogh. And I become familiar with the characters of chubby-sad-looking women as the objects of the paintings. And what I consider as excitement is those figures! I would like to be able to paint one like the way Jane Eyre is portrayed in here. So, once I finished this book, I would paint her using the description I, myself found in the book, which from a lot of versions of her, the girl above is representing Jane to the fullest! I'm so excited! 

Popular posts from this blog

My Star by Robert Browning

The Era of Puritanism (1564-1660): Literary Works

Gender Stereotypes and Performativity in Frozen Movie