Long Hiatus and President Election

After a long time I spent myself selfishly ignore this blog, here I am, trying the best I could give to share a penny of my thoughts through this blog. I will forget about SEO's post for a while until I have more time to sit in front of PC and prepare some useful information to share to all of you.
In Indonesia, we are about facing the sacred President election, which will be held on July 9, this year. Well, yeah, we may toss a high five because of the involvement of young generations openly and freely criticize and say what they really want to say towards the candidates. I think this year's election would be remembered forever after several intrigues that happen even at this moment; how the freedom in speaking through social media becoming such a risky thing to do. But public has become smarter than they were years ago, after several President elections in the past, they voted blindly only because of some 'importance'. Today's public is different in a good way. We watch them while they are campaigning themselves. We watch their performance long ago, before they had to move their position to a higher level; to be the President of Republik Indonesia for the next 5 years.

We are now responsible in telling others about whom that we would vote, in a nice way, of course. However, there is no endless happiness in this world. Nothing lasts forever, so does the freedom of distributing our thoughts. The peacefulness of welcoming the election has been ornamented by 'black campaigns' from one side of party to another. Anyway, politic is a piece of shit, actually. So, we should deal with that. But it doesn't mean we can be indifferent with that. Oh, come on, why should you become one of abstentions when you can freely use your right to vote? Unless you are not Indonesian, then you can be one. Do you get the hidden message? So, come on, instead of complaining about the rottenness of our government, why don't we involve ourselves to watch, supervise and vote for the one you think will lead this country to a better level?

As one of youths, I finally can use my right to vote for the President election on July 9, 2014, which is counting only a few days more. I finally can declare myself to embrace my independency and be responsible to vote 'the one' without following what my parents would use their votes to. I used to be one of abstentions, fyi. At once I thought my vote didn't bring any change to this country, while actually it did bring a big change. Each vote of us has a chance to bring this country to a brighter future.

As for now, I have searched and listed down the achievements and shortfalls that the both of candidates possessed, without getting myself being influenced by some party or people. No, I am sure about whom I would vote later, so I don't need to hear about other opinions. No, it's not the so-called blind love nor I am a die-hard fan of them. I simply have my own reasons that I don't need to share through this blog. Let me keep it to myself. ✌

In the end, we will be on the same side after the election, so please be nice to each other, even you guys vote for different candidates and stay away, please, from useless controversies.

"Fanatism is useless because of imperfect-ness that humans bring."

Popular posts from this blog

My Star by Robert Browning

The Era of Puritanism (1564-1660): Literary Works

Gender Stereotypes and Performativity in Frozen Movie